Why More Indiana Homeowners Are Installing Heat Pump Water Heaters
As technology continues to evolve and become more energy-efficient, one decision more Indiana homeowners are making is to have heat pump water heaters. Instead of having a traditional electric or gas water heater that generates heat directly, Indiana residents can elevate comfort and save more on monthly utility bills with innovative heat pump water heaters.
What Is a Heat Pump Water Heater & How Does It Work?
A heat pump water heater works by extracting heat from the surrounding air and transferring it to water that can then be used as hot water for residential use — for activities like bathing or cooking. Heat pump water heaters take the place of conventional water heaters, and they offer substantial energy savings since they don’t use electricity or gas to create heat.
The heat pump water heater process utilizes a refrigerant, compressor, and coil that turns the heat into a gas, pressurizes the heated refrigerant gas, and then transfers the captured heat to water that’s stored in a tank. By utilizing warmth naturally, heat pump water heaters offer unmatched year-round efficiency.
Benefits of Installing a Heat Pump Water Heater
As mentioned above, heat pump water heaters are becoming more popular. Households are choosing these systems because they offer:
- Better energy efficiency: Some homes can expect to have their energy consumption cut by up to 50% to 60% just by installing a heat pump water heater.
- Cost savings: With less energy usage, a huge advantage of heat pump water heaters is that you’ll enjoy lower energy bills every month — making it a cost-effective choice in the long run.
- Positive environmental impact: Not only does an efficient system save you money, but it also makes your entire home more eco-friendly.
- Consistent performance: Heat pump water heaters offer a reliable hot water supply, so they can operate efficiently year-round — even in cooler climates like Indiana.
- Extended life span: Additionally, a heat pump water heater — with proper maintenance and care — typically outlasts a traditional water heater, giving you even more bang for your buck.
Indiana Rebates & Incentives for Installing a Heat Pump Water Heater
In addition to saving money every month with less energy and earning more money down the road with an increased property value, heat pump water heaters can also earn Indiana households a rebate for extra savings. As the country adapts toward a more environmentally conscious attitude, state and local utility companies offer incentives to encourage energy-efficient technologies, such as heat pump water heaters.
For instance, according to Energystar.gov, homeowners can claim 30% of the project cost and a maximum amount credit of $2,000 to products purchased and installed between January 1, 2023, and December 31, 2032. And this can just be one possible rebate and incentive out of more!
Choose Northern Comfort Systems for Heat Pump Water Heater Installation in Indiana
For the most effective heat pump water heater, you need the best service possible. Look no further than Northern Comfort Systems.
Since 2001, we have been providing high-quality customer care and even better results for homeowners throughout Indiana. You can rest assured that we stand behind our products and services with our one-year, money-back guarantee.
Take the first step toward a more comfortable and efficient home today by requesting a quote online to discuss your heat pump water heater installation.