Furnace Installation & Replacement in Anderson, IN
There are times when your old furnace won’t deliver the comfort you need or is in need of a costly repair. When your furnace doesn’t deliver reliable operation, the team at Northern Comfort Systems can help. We will thoroughly assess your system and help you identify whether repairs are possible or whether replacement is necessary. When replacement is the right course, we will make sure that your new system is properly installed and tested so that you can enjoy the comfort you deserve.
To Repair or Replace Your Furnace?
Choosing between repairing or replacing your furnace isn’t always easy. At Northern Comfort Systems, our highly trained HVAC technicians thoroughly examine your system for subtle signs that furnace failure is just over the horizon. Some of the telltale signs we look for during a furnace inspection include:
- System age – Generally, a properly maintained furnace will provide reliable operation for 15 to 20 years. The older your system, the more likely it will fail.
- Dust buildup – Significant dust buildup can indicate the system is processing air less efficiently. If the filters are dirty or not regularly changed, the system loses its capacity to keep your home warm.
- Odd noises/smells – Strange sounds like banging and clanking, screeching, and squealing often indicate loose or damaged components. These sounds are often accompanied by strange smells, including burning odors, mechanical odors, and “rotten eggs.”
- Yellow pilot – If the pilot light isn’t blue, it indicates increasing carbon buildup on the burners. This is a common sign of incomplete combustion that can leak carbon monoxide gas into your home.
- Cold air – Cold air blowing through the registers can indicate significant problems with the furnace. There are many causes that our technicians will investigate.
If your furnace is older and has any of these problems, or if the cost of repairs exceeds 50% of the replacement cost, then replacement is usually the best course of action.
Furnace installation is not a DIY project. It requires extensive knowledge, tools, and skill. Our team at Northern Comfort Systems adheres to strict procedures during every furnace installation. We will prepare the site and the furnace, ensure all connections are tight, and more. Once installed, we will show you how to use your new furnace to achieve optimal performance and energy efficiency. When you choose us to install your new system, you can rest easy knowing your furnace is in good hands.
Quality Workmanship Is an Investment in Reliability
Whether you are building a new home and need to size your furnace or replacing an existing system with an identical unit, don’t hire just any HVAC contractor! At Northern Comfort Systems, our certified, licensed, and insured technicians ensure your system functions efficiently, safely, and reliably. It is our pleasure to place our expertise at your disposal so that you don’t risk damaging your system or endangering your health to enjoy the comfort you desire.