Indianapolis Drain Cleaning Service
Are your drains clogged or slow to clear? Clogged drains can be annoying, cause damage, and even give off bad odors due to buildup. Our experts in the field will clear your drain and ensure that other issues, such as tree root growth, aren’t contributing to this problem. Whether it’s an inside drain such as your sink or shower, or your main line from the house to street, we will solve your problems.
Common Causes of Drain Issues
Slow or clogged drains can be a huge inconvenience and disgusting to deal with. Common causes of drain problems include:
- Hair – Due to its fineness and ability to bind with other material, hair can quickly cause problems for drains, especially in baths, showers, and sinks.
- Soap – The fat in traditional soaps can build up with minerals present in water to create a hard residue of soap scum.
- Dirt – Dirt can build up in the bends and elbows of your plumbing system and may require extensive cleaning and possible replacement.
- Food Waste – While no food should go down your drains due to blockage risks, grease, oil, and coffee grounds can cause tremendous issues since they do not break down.
- Mineral Buildup – If you do not have a water softener, mineral buildup can reduce your pipes’ efficiency and lead to clogs.
- Intrusive Tree Roots – Trees roots seeking water can break through the clay tile of your main sewer line and block them entirely, requiring troubleshooting and repairs.
- Toilet Paper – While your pipes are designed for toilet paper, too much can get caught in elbows and bends and build up over time.
Clogged Drain Experts
Consumer level snakes, drain cleaning chemicals, and other solutions aren’t always enough to get a drain cleared. Sometimes, they can even cause additional problems due to extra stress or damage to pipes. If a plunger isn’t enough to get the job done, you’ll need an expert to clear the clog, clean the pipes, and determine what caused the issue to begin with. Northern Comfort Systems takes pride in getting the job done right the first time. Contact us with your blocked drains and all your other plumbing needs.
Frequently Asked Questions About Drain Cleaning
What drain cleaning products should I use?
Many consumer drain cleaning products contain harsh chemicals that can damage your drain pipes with frequent use, plus they are dangerous to keep around a home with children or pets. If at-home methods like plunging, snaking, or vinegar and baking soda do not remove a clog, it is best to call a professional for drain cleaning services, such as our team at Northern Comfort Systems.
Why does my toilet keep clogging?
Most toilet clogs are caused by intentionally or accidentally flushing foreign materials like baby wipes, paper towels, “flushable” wipes, hygiene products, toys, wrappers, or other debris. To avoid clogs, only waste and toilet paper should be flushed down the toilet. Other things that can contribute to toilet clogs include plumbing vent problems, a clogged sewer, a faulty toilet, or insufficient water in the tank.
What causes sinks, tubs, and showers to clog?
Bathroom sinks, showers, and bathtubs can clog due to accumulations of hair, soap scum dirt, and foreign debris. Kitchen sinks can be clogged by food particles, congealed cooking grease, soap scum, coffee grounds, and foreign materials. To prevent clogs, make sure each drain has a screen, strainer, or basket to catch large particles before they enter the drain.
What methods do you use to remove drain clogs?
At Northern Comfort Systems, we can use methods like removing the trap or pipe snakes to clear many clogs. For more difficult ones, our hydro jetting systems can use high-pressure water to dislodge clogs, or our power augers can cut through tough sewer clogs or tree roots with specialized cutting heads. To determine the cause of clogs and the best cleaning methods, we can insert a specialized pipe camera into the drain or sewer pipe to visually inspect it.