Burst & Frozen Pipe Repair in Indianapolis
Long periods of freezing temperatures are not uncommon in the Indianapolis area, and if some of your pipes are in an area that is not protected from the cold, they may freeze and burst. Beyond causing a mess, burst pipes can lead to long-term problems like mold growth and rotten wood framing.
To keep the damage to a minimum when you have frozen pipes, call our team at Northern Comfort Systems. We can thaw your pipes in a controlled manner and repair any leaks or burst pipes that may have occurred. Our company has been serving Indiana homeowners for over 20 years, and we feature licensed, professional plumbers who are available 24/7 at no extra charge for emergencies. We offer reliable, affordable heating, cooling, and plumbing services with free estimates, upfront pricing, and a top-rated customer service experience.
Frozen Pipe Prevention
If the forecast is calling for extreme cold, there are a few things you can do to prevent frozen and burst pipes in your Indianapolis home:
- Check your pipe insulation: Any pipes exposed to the elements in areas like crawl spaces should be thoroughly insulated. Check to make sure that insulation is present and that it’s in good condition.
- Add heat tape: For important pipes like main water lines, add heat tape between the pipe and insulation for extra protection against freezing.
- Open cabinets: On especially cold nights, open the cabinet doors under the sinks in your kitchen and bathrooms so that heated air can circulate your plumbing.
- Put away hoses: Disconnect garden hoses, turn off the fixtures inside, and drain any remaining water from the lines to prevent a burst pipe.
- Keep the heat on: In an empty house, keep the heat on at a minimum of 55 degrees to prevent frozen pipes.
- Find the shut-off valve: Learn where to shut off your water supply to prevent major water damage if pipes freeze. It is usually located where the pipe enters the home.
Northern’s Burst & Frozen Pipe Services
What To Expect
Our experienced plumbers will carefully locate the frozen pipe, thaw it, and repair any cracked, split, or burst pipes or fittings. Once all the damage has been repaired, we will turn the water back on and verify that there are no leaks.
We offer free estimates and upfront pricing for all our work, with no hidden fees, and we provide superior quality on every job with guaranteed satisfaction.
Signs You Have Frozen & Burst Pipes
To avoid unnecessary damage to your home, call a professional plumber as soon as you notice any of the following signs of a frozen or burst pipe:
- Reduced water flow or no water at all
- Frost on the exterior of pipes
- Swollen pipes
- Noticeable splits, cracks, or other pipe damage
What To Do if You Have Frozen Pipes
If you suspect your pipes have frozen, shut off the main water line, open all your faucets, then call our team at Northern Comfort Systems for repairs.
Schedule Pipe Repairs in Indianapolis Today
Count on our professional plumbers at Northern Comfort Systems for fast, dependable help with frozen, burst, or damaged pipes anywhere in Indianapolis. We are available when you need us, with no extra overtime or after-hours service fees. As an eight-time winner of the Angi Super Service Award and the 2020 Best of HomeAdvisor award, you can expect quality results. We offer excellent financing options for large repairs and valuable coupons and discounts.