Are your drains clogged or slow to clear? Clogged drains can be annoying, cause damage, and even give off bad odors due to build up. Our experts in the field will clear your drain and ensure that other issues, such as tree root growth, aren’t contributing to this problem. Whether it’s an inside drain such as your sink or shower, or your main line from the house to street, we will solve your problems.
Common Causes of Drain Issues
Slow or clogged drains can be a huge inconvenience and disgusting to deal with. Common causes of drain problems include:
- Hair – Due to its fineness and ability to bind with other material, hair can quickly cause problems for drains, especially in baths, showers, and sinks.
- Soap – The fat in traditional soaps can build up with minerals present in water to create a hard residue of soap scum.
- Dirt – Dirt can build up in the bends and elbows of your plumbing system and may require extensive cleaning and possible replacement.
- Food Waste – While no food should go down your drains due to blockage risks, grease, oil, and coffee grounds can cause tremendous issues since they do not break down.
- Mineral Buildup – If you do not have a water softener, mineral buildup can reduce your pipe’s efficiency and lead to clogs.
- Intrusive Tree Roots – Trees roots seeking water can break through the clay tile of your main sewer line and block them entirely, requiring troubleshooting and repairs.
- Toilet Paper – While your pipes are designed for toilet paper, too much can get caught in elbows and bends and build up over time.
Clogged Drain Experts
Consumer level snakes, drain cleaning chemicals, and other solutions aren’t always enough to get a drain cleared. Sometimes, they can even cause additional problems due to extra stress or damage to pipes. If a plunger isn’t enough to get the job done, you’ll need an expert to clear the clog, clean the pipes, and determine what caused the issue to begin with. Northern takes pride in getting the job done right the first time. Contact us with your blocked drains and all your other plumbing needs.