Heating Maintenance in Muncie, IN
A reliable furnace is essential to stay warm despite the winter chill. Routine heating maintenance is one way to protect your furnace and your home comfort.
At Northern Comfort Systems, we recommend a yearly furnace check to keep your furnace running at its best.
Heating Systems We Service
At Northern Comfort Systems, we offer maintenance for all types of furnaces. Choose our team for:
Gas furnace service: Gas leaks are dangerous and put your family at risk. Keeping your gas furnace properly maintained will protect your home.
Electric furnace service: Electric power improves energy efficiency and safety, but there is still a risk of electrical fires. Routine maintenance will ensure your electric furnace delivers reliable and safe heating.
Oil furnace service: Oil-powered furnaces are surprisingly safe, but you still need to properly maintain the oil tank and store your oil safely. Many HVAC companies don’t service oil furnaces, but Northern Comfort Systems does.
What Are the Benefits of Heating Maintenance?
At Northern Comfort Systems, we recommend scheduling annual heating maintenance checks each fall. When you invest in heating maintenance, you will enjoy a wealth of benefits, including:
Longer system life expectancy: Well-maintained heating systems have a longer expected life span than those that don’t receive routine service. You won’t have to worry about premature heating replacement.
Lower energy usage: When your heating system is properly maintained, it runs as efficiently as possible. This means you use less energy, and, in many cases, your energy bills are lower.
Improved home comfort: An optimized heating system keeps your home evenly heated.
Reduced risk of breakdowns: When you keep up with maintenance, you will have less risk of unexpected breakdowns and emergency heating repairs.
What’s Included in a Heating Tune-Up?
Heating tune-ups are a preventative method to reduce breakdown risks, ensure components are clean for optimal function, and recommend repairs if needed. We’ll ensure your furnace works exactly as it should to ensure safety and efficiency.
When you schedule heating maintenance with Northern Comfort Systems, your HVAC technician will:
- Clean, level, and calibrate the thermostat
- Remove and clean the blower fan assembly
- Clean the condenser coil and evaporator coil
- Lubricate all moving parts
- Adjust drive belts and pulleys
- Test all safety controls and devices
- Test, secure, and tighten all electrical connections and terminals
- Test humidifier operation and set damper, switches, and valves
- Clean heat exchangers(s), burners, and pilot assemblies
- Inspect heat exchangers, flue assembly, burners, and draft diverters
- Vacuum clean all combustion, flue, and blower components
- Adjust all main air dampers
- Test all motors, starting capacitors, run capacitors, and potential relays
- Test, measure, and record operating temperature and pressures
- Test for gas leaks at the furnace
Sign Up for Our Maintenance Plan
Maintenance is important, but it’s also easy to forget about. Northern Comfort Systems offers a maintenance plan to put HVAC maintenance on auto-pilot.
As a member of our maintenance plan, you will enjoy exclusive benefits, including:
- Twice annual HVAC maintenance
- A 15% discount on repairs
- Priority scheduling for emergency heating services
Keep Up On Heating Maintenance With Northern Comfort Systems
Furnace maintenance is a wise investment, especially when you choose a reputable HVAC company that provides service expertise and great customer care.
Our NATE-certified technicians know their stuff, and we guarantee your satisfaction with our service.